Brumbies vs Western Force – Super Rugby – Game 3

The Brumbies were looking to continue their 8 game winning streak in all Australian-encounters. Meanwhile the Force were looking to back up a great performance and victory against the Reds last week.

The Force were came out the blocks firing and managed to cross after just 2 minutes in. Billy Meakes offloaded sensationally ‘out the back’ to Dane Haylett-Petty. The fullback then floated a great pass out the Chance Peni who reached over despite the tackle. However, it was deemed the process of reaching out to dot it down, the former rugby league man had used a double movement. No try!

Billy Meakes was then involved in another move but this he brilliantly pass the ball in contact to Jono Lance. Lance fired the pass out to Morahan who’s pass was off target. If the ball had gone to hand, Chance Peni would have been in again!

Despite all of the pressure from the Force, it was the Brumbies who took first blood. They were battering away for some phases until Henry Speight took a crash ball and managed to get over the whitewash. Wharenui Hawera missed the conversion.

The Canberra tean were then at it again but this time it was courtesy of Allan Alaalatoa’s brute strength. The loosened prop made a break and was brought just short. Hawera then recieved the ball and dummied to open up space for himself to get over the line. He missed the conversion again.

The Brumbies 10-0 lead seemed to have galvanised the Force. They got one back just before halftime when Heath Tessmann profited from some strong maul play. This time, Lance banged over the conversion.

Chance Peni had been denied once already but next came an opportunity nobody could say no to. Dane Haylett-Petty floated a lovely pass out to him and Peni simply jogged over the line for his second try in as many weeks. Jonno Lance then superbly banged the conversion over from the touchline. He also added a penalty to give the Force the lead for the first time.

Despite them leading, the job of keeping that lead was made much harder. Ross Haylett-Petty was spotted after a late hit on Joe Powell so consequently, he was sent to the bin. The Brumbies kicked the resulting penalty to touch and then managed a score. Kyle Godwin ran a great line and he was never going to be stopped from close range. The inside centre crossed against his former club.

There was just 3 points goinf into the last play but the Brumbies cancelled out even the chance of bonus point loss for the Force. Robbie Abel crossed to give the Brumbies a bonus point win and the Force absolutley nothing despite a valiant performance.Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 09.09.56.png


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s